At Igalia, we believe that access to software and information is not a privilege, but a right. For this reason, we are committed to making this access possible for individuals of all ages and abilities, from all walks of life, all over the world. Our goal is to ensure that everyone has a compelling and complete range of Free Software solutions which address their unique needs and wants.
Design web standards
Igalia is an active W3C member. We have a great deal of experience contributing to web standards and collaborating with multiple standard bodies. We are committed to ensuring that the web is accessible to everyone. As Igalians we
- participate the W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) including the Accessible Platform Architectures (APA) Working Group and the ARIA Working Group
- serve as Editors of multiple ARIA specifications
- serve as Chair of the ARIA Working Group
- collaborate with all other Working Groups to produce accessibility-savvy standards
Build accessibility solutions
Igalia develops accessibility solutions at all levels of the stack: From fixing bugs to implementing accessibility standards in user agents such as WebKit, Gecko and Chromium. We also maintain GNU/Linux’s Accessibility Toolkit (ATK), and implementing support for applications and toolkits within the Orca screen reader. We work on solutions for automated testing of user agent implementations of platform accessibility APIs. What makes us a company providing the full cycle of accessibility support: From designing a feature to delivering it to the users, we are providing the full cycle of accessibility support.
Igalia offers services to companies interested in adding accessibility support to their platforms. We have a history of improving the state of the art of accessibility in Open Source web engines like WebKit, Gecko and Chromium.
We are working on:
Igalia is the ideal partner for your accessibility implementation needs:
- Contributing to specifications in the W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative’s Working Groups.
- Implementing accessibility standards and fixing accessibility bugs in user agents.
- Maintaining the Accessibility Toolkit (ATK) used in GNU/Linux implementations.
- Providing access to users through the Orca screen reader.