Igalia Coding Experience Program
About the Coding Experience program
The Igalia Coding Experience is an internship program which gives students with a background in Computer Science, Information Technology and Free Software their first exposure to the professional world, working hand in hand with Igalia programmers and learning with them.
One of the core principles of Igalia is equality, so we feel a deep and continual obligation to acknowledge and counter the structural discrimination that permeates our industry and our world. In a practical sense this means that we maintain a permanent diversity commission that helps to shape company policy and that we always try to hold ourselves accountable to our internal code of conduct. We also feel that one of the best ways to accomplish these goals is to grow and maintain the diversity of Igalia itself. We welcome applicants regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or whatever type of systemic discrimination that they have faced.
Coding experiences positions
For 2018 we offer Coding experiences in the following areas:
- Implementation of web standards, where the intern will become familiar with, and contribute to the implementation of W3C standards in open source web engines.
- WebKit, which is one of the most important open source web rendering engines. The intern will have the possibility to help in its maintenance and/or contribute to development of new features.
- Chromium, a well-known browser rendering engine. The student will work with specific feature development and/or bug-fixing. Additional tasks may include maintenance of our internal buildbots and to create packages of Chromium/Wayland for distribution.
- Networking, where the intern will get familiar with network function development.
Conditions and compensation
This internship program is for students who wish to have a first professional experience while they are in education.
Our ideal candidates are highly motivated to work on Free Software projects; bonus points for existing contributions to any Free Software project related to our areas of specialization, including participation in its community.
The specific conditions of our Coding Experience program are:
- Mentorship by one of the Igalia's outstanding open source contributors in the field.
- Hours: 450h
- Compensation: 5000€
- Usual timetables:
- 3 months full-time
- 6 months part-time
- 1 year 10h per week