This November 15th through 17th, Chrome developers from around the world will gather for BlinkOn 17, hosted in the San Francisco Bay area as well as via the Internet. This hybrid event will include keynote presentations, lightning talks, breakout talks, and more. We’ll have a strong presence there, with several Igalians attending in person and a number of talks planned.
In all, Igalia will be contributing seven Lightning Talks:
- Native heap tracing by José Dapena Paz
- Standardizing CSS
line-clampby Andreu Botella
- Updates after
:has()enabled by Byungwoo Lee
- Introduction of WebGPU CTS by Gyuyoung Kim
- Fallback tab dragging for Ozone/Wayland by Max Ihlenfeldt
- Update on accessible name computation by Jacobo Aragunde
- LaCrOS + Ozone/Wayland updates by Antonio Gomes
And two breakout talks:
- Shipping MathML in Chrome 109 by Frédéric Wang
- Faster Style and Paint for CSS Highlights by Delan Azabani
There will also be a breakout talk with Brian Kardell and Eric Meyer talking about the history of web design and development… and, after almost two decades, a tightly-held secret will be revealed!
Registration for BlinkOn 17 is free. We hope to see you there!