At Igalia, we have positions open on our graphics team, which has a particular focus on Linux graphics. The graphics team at Igalia is geographically distributed and incorporates a wide variety of expertise including the OpenGL and Vulkan APIs, open-source GPU drivers (Mesa), as well as many other layers of the graphics stack.
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Capacity to work autonomously in a distributed environment.
- Linux experience.
- Programming experience in C (C++ experience is a bonus).
- Good understanding of the open-source development model and practices.
None of these skills are required beforehand, but they represent the sort of skills that members of the graphics team use for their day-to-day tasks.
- Understanding of modern GPU hardware.
- Familiarity with 3D APIs (Vulkan, OpenGL, Metal, or DirectX).
- Experience contributing to open-source projects, especially those involving the Linux graphics stack.
- Development experience in Mesa and open-source GPU drivers.
- Development experience in display technologies such as X11 or Wayland.
- Development of UI toolkits (GTK+, Qt, etc) and/or desktop shells and compositors (GNOME shell, etc).
- Willingness to represent Igalia at events and speak about our work at relevant conferences.
Igalia is a remote-friendly working environment, enabling employees all over the world to participate fully in the company culture. Our team includes employees based in Asia, Europe and America, spanning both timezones and cultures.
One of the core principles of Igalia is equality, so we feel a deep and continual obligation to acknowledge and counter the structural discrimination that permeates our industry and our world. In a practical sense this means that we use principles of diversity and inclusion to help shape company policy and to maintain a safe and just work environment. We also feel that one of the best ways to accomplish these goals is to grow and maintain the diversity of Igalia itself. We welcome applicants regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or whatever type of systemic discrimination that they have faced.
Send us your CV, accompanied by a brief cover letter by filling the form below. Happy hacking!