Igalia is a worker-owned, employee-run company with more than 20 years of experience building open source software in a wide range of exciting fields. And we’re hiring right now!
A Great place to work
At Igalia, we care about one another, and our industry as a whole. We provide a very remote-friendly, collaborative and supportive environment in which Igalians from around the globe (our team includes employees based in the Americas, Asia, and Europe) participate equally in the management and decision-making process of the company via our democratic, consensus-based assembly structure.
Together, we feel a deep and continual obligation to acknowledge and counter the structural discrimination that permeates our industry and our world. We believe that one of the best ways to do this is to grow and maintain the diversity of Igalia itself. In a practical sense, this also means that we use principles of diversity and inclusion to help shape company policy and to maintain a safe and just work environment.
- Igalians can work from anywhere in the world.
- Igalians design their own schedule to work during the time of day that is best for them.
- Igalians share responsibilities and receive equal pay.
- Igalians learn to navigate the company with a mentor.
- Igalians care about collaboration, not internal competition.
- Igalians collaborate in person. We hold annual company-wide retreats to foster in-person connections and team integration.
- Igalians choose which work place is right for them. Igalia provides a budget to fund a co-working space, or to help run a home office.
- Igalians purchase hardware they need. Every Igalian has access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
- Igalians recharge with paid time off. Igalians have 7 weeks (35 days) of paid time off per year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Igalians spend time with their new baby. Igalians who are new parents receive 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
We welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, or whatever type of systemic discrimination they have faced. If you share our values, have a background in engineering or software development, and would like to join us (telecommuting from wherever you want), we would love to hear from you.
The current open positions at Igalia are:
Browsers Developer (Chromium focus)
At Igalia we are looking for a new developer to contribute to both the Chromium web browser and the Blink layout engine.
Browsers Developer (WebKit focus)
At Igalia, we are looking to hire a developer for our browsers team, whose task will be to maintain and improve WebKit, the well-known web engine used by millions of people.
Compilers Team Developer
At Igalia, we are looking to hire an engineer for our Core Team.
We are looking for developers to work on GStreamer, as both a user of the API, and a contributor to the internals of the framework.
At Igalia, we have positions open on our graphics team, which has a particular focus on Linux graphics.
At Igalia, we are looking to hire a developer to contribute to the Linux kernel.
We are looking to hire someone to join our multimedia team.
Web Platform Engineer
Igalia is looking for someone to join our web platform team.
Don't fit any of these roles but interested in joining us? Send us a cover letter with your background, interests, and why you're interested in Igalia.
Cover letters, résumés, and inspired ideas for the next great thing you would like to work on can all be submitted via this form.
Igalia Coding Experience
If you are a student, you can opt to participate in our Igalia Coding Experience program. You can check the conditions and how to send your application in the following link.