About us / Jobs
Job position description
Igalia is looking for someone to join our web platform team. This person will work on the implementation of web standards as well as directly with standards bodies in order to write and test new web standards. Part of this job involves implementing standards for large, open-source browser engines using systems level programming languages like C++, though prior experience is not required. Good communication skills and the ability to seek consensus among different parties are especially important when working on standards as well as being a part of Igalia.
Be sure to mention any relevant experience you might have with the web platform, multimedia, embedded devices, compilers, networking, or any type of systems programming.
- Igalians can work from anywhere in the world.
- Igalians design their own schedule to work during the time of day that is best for them.
- Igalians share responsibilities and receive equal pay.
- Igalians learn to navigate the company with a mentor.
- Igalians care about collaboration, not internal competition.
- Igalians collaborate in person. We hold annual company-wide retreats to foster in-person connections and team integration.
- Igalians choose which work place is right for them. Igalia provides a budget to fund a co-working space, or to help run a home office.
- Igalians purchase hardware they need. Every Igalian has access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
- Igalians recharge with paid time off. Igalians have 7 weeks (35 days) of paid time off per year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Igalians spend time with their new baby. Igalians who are new parents receive 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
At Igalia, we provide a remote-friendly, collaborative and supportive environment driven by principles of diversity and inclusion. Shaped by our values, Igalia has a flat, cooperative structure.
If you are interested in this offer, please fill in the form. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.