About us / Jobs
Our recent work includes:
- Developing support for WebAssembly features in web engines, such as Exception Handling.
- Enhancing support for LLVM backends, such as its WebAssembly backend.
What you can expect from the position
In this position, you will get the chance to help improve the state of the art in web programming, and also help advance open source and free software technologies. You will be working in a highly collaborative, diverse, and globally distributed team which includes members in Asia, Europe, and the Americas. Our team will provide the mentorship needed to get you involved in our implementation efforts or standardization advocacy for programming languages.
The kind of work we do on the Compilers Team involves collaborating on large-scale codebases written in C/C++, designing, implementing, and maintaining programming language features, and working in various aspects of web programming standardization (e.g., tests, specifications, advocacy, and so on). We do not have strict requirements for this position, but having either a willingness to learn or any existing skills or experience in these areas would be beneficial.
- Igalians can work from anywhere in the world.
- Igalians design their own schedule to work during the time of day that is best for them.
- Igalians share responsibilities and receive equal pay.
- Igalians learn to navigate the company with a mentor.
- Igalians care about collaboration, not internal competition.
- Igalians collaborate in person. We hold annual company-wide retreats to foster in-person connections and team integration.
- Igalians choose which work place is right for them. Igalia provides a budget to fund a co-working space, or to help run a home office.
- Igalians purchase hardware they need. Every Igalian has access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
- Igalians recharge with paid time off. Igalians have 7 weeks (35 days) of paid time off per year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Igalians spend time with their new baby. Igalians who are new parents receive 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
At Igalia, we provide a remote-friendly, collaborative and supportive environment driven by principles of diversity and inclusion. Shaped by our values, Igalia has a flat, cooperative structure.
If you are interested in this offer, please fill in the form. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.