Job position description
At Igalia, we have positions open on our graphics team, which has a particular focus on Linux graphics. The graphics team at Igalia is geographically distributed and incorporates a wide variety of expertise including the OpenGL and Vulkan APIs, open-source GPU drivers (Mesa), as well as many other layers of the graphics stack.
Igalia is a highly dynamic company where every employee has the chance to develop new skills over time. The main requirements for this position are:
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Capacity to work autonomously in a distributed environment.
- Linux experience.
- Programming experience in C (C++ experience is a bonus).
- Good understanding of the open-source development model and practices.
There are multiple professional paths which qualify candidates for this position, and there are no mandatory requirements to apply. The following list represents the sort of skills that members of the graphics team use for their day-to-day tasks.
- Understanding of modern GPU hardware.
- Familiarity with 3D APIs (Vulkan, OpenGL, Metal, or DirectX).
- Experience contributing to open-source projects, especially those involving the Linux graphics stack.
- Development experience in Mesa and open-source GPU drivers.
- Development experience in display technologies such as X11 or Wayland.
- Development of UI toolkits (GTK, Qt, etc) and/or desktop shells and compositors (GNOME shell, etc).
- Willingness to represent Igalia at events and speak about our work at relevant conferences.
- Igalians can work from anywhere in the world.
- Igalians design their own schedule to work during the time of day that is best for them.
- Igalians share responsibilities and receive equal pay.
- Igalians learn to navigate the company with a mentor.
- Igalians care about collaboration, not internal competition.
- Igalians collaborate in person. We hold annual company-wide retreats to foster in-person connections and team integration.
- Igalians choose which work place is right for them. Igalia provides a budget to fund a co-working space, or to help run a home office.
- Igalians purchase hardware they need. Every Igalian has access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
- Igalians recharge with paid time off. Igalians have 7 weeks (35 days) of paid time off per year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Igalians spend time with their new baby. Igalians who are new parents receive 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
If you are interested in this offer, please fill in the form. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.