Job position description
At Igalia, we are looking to hire a developer for our browsers team, whose task will be to maintain and improve WebKit, the well-known web engine used by millions of people. This position is not oriented to any specific area inside WebKit.
There are no hard requirements for applying, though experience with C++ and, above all, a willingness to learn are welcome. Equally, it is not necessary that candidates have prior experience contributing to WebKit or browsers, but it may prove useful for this position.
Be sure to mention any relevant experience you might have with the web platform, multimedia, embedded devices, compilers, networking, or any type of systems programming.
- Igalians can work from anywhere in the world.
- Igalians design their own schedule to work during the time of day that is best for them.
- Igalians share responsibilities and receive equal pay.
- Igalians learn to navigate the company with a mentor.
- Igalians care about collaboration, not internal competition.
- Igalians collaborate in person. We hold annual company-wide retreats to foster in-person connections and team integration.
- Igalians choose which work place is right for them. Igalia provides a budget to fund a co-working space, or to help run a home office.
- Igalians purchase hardware they need. Every Igalian has access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
- Igalians recharge with paid time off. Igalians have 7 weeks (35 days) of paid time off per year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Igalians spend time with their new baby. Igalians who are new parents receive 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
If you are interested in this offer, please fill in the form. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.