About us / Jobs
At Igalia we are looking for a new developer to contribute to both the Chromium web browser and the Blink layout engine.
Job position description
Members of our browsers team are responsible for a variety of tasks ranging from implementing new web-facing features to porting the browser to new platforms. Our work is in use on a wide range of mobile devices, televisions, and other devices. Free software and upstream contributions are important to us, so we are also active participants in the open source community, contributing our work upstream as much as we can.
Chromium is a huge C++ project with many features, so candidates should be organized and flexible enough to adapt to different areas of the codebase. While there are no hard technical requirements, being able to write efficient, maintainable, and portable C++ system code is required for day-to-day work. Additionally, though prior experience contributing to web browsers is not a necessity, it would be useful for this position.
- Igalians can work from anywhere in the world.
- Igalians design their own schedule to work during the time of day that is best for them.
- Igalians share responsibilities and receive equal pay.
- Igalians learn to navigate the company with a mentor.
- Igalians care about collaboration, not internal competition.
- Igalians collaborate in person. We hold annual company-wide retreats to foster in-person connections and team integration.
- Igalians choose which work place is right for them. Igalia provides a budget to fund a co-working space, or to help run a home office.
- Igalians purchase hardware they need. Every Igalian has access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
- Igalians recharge with paid time off. Igalians have 7 weeks (35 days) of paid time off per year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Igalians spend time with their new baby. Igalians who are new parents receive 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
At Igalia, we provide a remote-friendly, collaborative and supportive environment driven by principles of diversity and inclusion. Shaped by our values, Igalia has a flat, cooperative structure.
If you are interested in this offer, please fill in the form. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.