Igalia is currently seeking to hire a Sales Engineer to expand our business development team. This person will play an important role in the company, participating in the development and implementation of strategies to consolidate and increase Igalia's business.
Job position description
Igalia is a highly dynamic company where new and old employees have the chance to develop new skills over time. The main tasks for this position are:
- Generate, develop and land sales opportunities.
- Manage customer relationships and participate in the management of ongoing projects.
- Work hand in hand with Igalia's strategy team with the goal of: creating sales plans and actions, improving targeting of sales campaigns, and defining and implementing new business development strategies.
- Represent the company in associations and at events like trade-shows and conferences.
- Collaborate in the communication and marketing efforts of the company.
There are multiple professional paths which qualify candidates for this position. We feel that an ideal starting point for a sales career in Igalia would be to have both a wide technical and open-source background. In particular, we are looking for candidates with:
- Communication and presentation skills in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Open Source / Free Software technologies and dynamics.
- Understanding of the IT market.
- Technical background. Capacity to understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level.
- Ability to cultivate and build trust with customers.
- Ability to collaborate in the management of projects.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to work on a team.
- Ability to work independently with strong self-management.
- Availability to travel.
Igalia is a remote-friendly working environment, enabling employees all over the world to participate fully in the company culture. Our team includes employees based in Asia, Europe and America, spanning both timezones and cultures.
One of the core principles of Igalia is equality, so we feel a deep and continual obligation to acknowledge and counter the structural discrimination that permeates our industry and our world. In a practical sense this means that we use principles of diversity and inclusion to help shape company policy and to maintain a safe and just work environment. We also feel that one of the best ways to accomplish these goals is to grow and maintain the diversity of Igalia itself. We welcome applicants regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or whatever type of systemic discrimination that they have faced.
Send us your CV, accompanied by a brief cover letter by completing the form below.