Job position description
We are looking to hire developers to help grow one of the following areas:
- Work on maintaining, writing features, and integrating Web browser engines designed for embedded devices.
- Work on the development of multimedia frameworks, enabling audio and video streaming, video editing services, and/or integration of the multimedia stack into a Web browser engine.
- Work developing graphics device drivers for Linux.
All these roles involve working with Open Source projects. We expect the candidates be comfortable working in an Open Source environment, including being comfortable communicating and working in public, and have a strong understanding of version control systems (e.g. git, subversion).
Such roles entail working with customers and other teams within Igalia, where good communication is key. For this role, we also expect that the developer is able to define their own schedule, monitor themselves not to lose track of the global goals, and learn what is required to do the different tasks along the way.
We welcome and encourage applicants from a diverse background to apply. It is not required to have related previous experience: what is most important is a motivation to carry out this work, and be willing to learn from more experienced people in the team.
- Igalians can work from anywhere in the world.
- Igalians design their own schedule to work during the time of day that is best for them.
- Igalians share responsibilities and receive equal pay.
- Igalians learn to navigate the company with a mentor.
- Igalians care about collaboration, not internal competition.
- Igalians collaborate in person. We hold annual company-wide retreats to foster in-person connections and team integration.
- Igalians choose which work place is right for them. Igalia provides a budget to fund a co-working space, or to help run a home office.
- Igalians purchase hardware they need. Every Igalian has access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
- Igalians recharge with paid time off. Igalians have 7 weeks (35 days) of paid time off per year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Igalians spend time with their new baby. Igalians who are new parents receive 8 weeks of paid parental leave.
If you are interested in this offer, please fill in the form. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.