As we have since 2010, Igalia attended the annual gathering for WebKit contributors. As the stewards of both the official WebKitGTK and WPE ports, this event has always been very important to us. It provides a key opportunity for us to meet with colleagues from around the WebKit ecosystem, explain needs, align goals, and build good working relationships.
For the last few years, due to the pandemic, this event had become virtual. Virtual meetings are not without certain merits; they can be more easily inclusive, for example. However, it’s hard to match actually getting together. This year’s Contributors Meeting became a hybrid event, which was a pretty good balance. We were very pleased to physically meet up with other engineers and colleagues from around the WebKit ecosystem after a prolonged delay.
In this year’s edition, Igalia gave several presentations. While the event itself is private, we’d like to share our slides:
- Our Overall Status Update and Plans by Mario Sánchez
- Integrating the New Layer Based SVG Engine by Nikolas Zimmermann
- The New WPE and WebKitGTK SDK by Patrick Griffis
- The New WPE API by Carlos García
- WebRTC in WPE and GTK Ports: Current Status and Challenges by Philippe Normand
- WASM Garbage Collection in JSC by Asumu Takikawa
We’re already looking forward to next year!
If you or your company is interested chatting, or learning more about how Igalia and WebKit can help your organization, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at info at igalia.com, or any of our social media linked in the footer.