Igalia at FOSDEM 2023
FOSDEM, arguably the best free and community-oriented event for developers of Free and Open Source Software, is back this year as an in-person event after two years being virtual. As usual, the conference will take place on February 4th and 5th at the ULB Solbosch Campus in Brussels, Belgium. The event will also be streamed live and people from all over the world are encouraged to participate remotely via Matrix.
As a consultancy specialized in Open Source Software, it is our job at Igalia to create and participate in many of its communities, which is why we are delighted to see several Igalians present talks related to the work they do in different projects they are involved with.
You can find a list of all talks by Igalians below. All times are in the Europe/Brussels time zone. Stay tuned to our social media accounts for additional coverage during the conference. As a reminder, the page for each talk will have links to their video streams once they are available and we will be sharing them as well.
- José Dapena will talk about “WAM: an embedded web runtime history for LG webOS and Automotive Grade Linux at the Embedded, Mobile and Automotive devroom on Saturday, 12:30.
- Daniel Kolesa will provide an update on “Chimera Linux” at the BSD devroom on Saturday, 13:15.
- Clayton Craft will talk about his ideas on Linux mobile in the talk titled “Where do we go from here?” at the FOSS on Mobile Devices devroom on Saturday, 14:10.
- Andy Wingo will talk about “Whippet: A new production embeddable garbage collector” for Guile at the Declarative and Minimalistic Computing devroom on Saturday, 16:20.
- Max Rottenkolber will co-present a talk about “Snabbflow: a scalable IPFIX exporter” at the Network devroom on Sunday, 09:25.
- André Almeida will present the talk “Hacking the Linux Kernel to get moar FPS” at the kernel devroom on Sunday, 15:30.