Igalia is currently seeking to hire a Sales Engineer in USA, ideally in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Job offer: Sales Engineer
Igalia is a highly-specialized European company providing consultancy services and developing innovative open source solutions for a large set of software and hardware platforms. At Igalia we work in the most exciting areas in open source software, including Browsers, Graphics and Multimedia. We apply our knowledge to a wide variety of platforms and technologies in the Consumer Electronics market and provide companies with innovative solutions for a wide variety of devices, including smart tv, set-top boxes, tablets, mobile phones, in-vehicle infotainment and home automation systems.
We are currently looking to expand our team and are seeking to hire a Sales Engineer in USA, ideally in the San Francisco Bay Area. This profile will play a critical role developing and implementing strategies to increase sales revenue.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, in both written and spoken English.
- Strong knowledge of Open Source / Free Software technologies and dynamics
- In-depth understanding of the IT market.
- Ability to cultivate and build trust with customers.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently with strong self management.
- Availability to travel.
- Generate, develop and close sales opportunities.
- Document sales activity using a CRM.
- Work with our strategy team to share ideas, improve targeting, improve the overall sales process and new business development strategies.
- Understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level.
- Use social media and other tools to identify key decision makers and influencers in target prospects.
- Attend conferences and meetings as required.
- Get more deeply involved in the free software community and culture.
- Interact with leading international IT companies.
- Take on interesting and challenging projects. Work in a supportive, collaborative environment.
- Participate in a flat and dynamic organisation.
- Choose a schedule that fits your life.
Please note: While the ideal candidate is someone possessing a solid background in the area of sales, we are open to considering profiles with a strong open source technical background, possession of all of the required skills, and demonstrated ability to excel in a new career path as a Sales Engineer.
Send your résumé or curriculum vitae along with salary requirements to our process selection form.