Browsers development in WebKit
This internship is for students with a background in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar fields, who have completed at least 50% of their degree. Proficiency in written English is required.
Experience with any of the following is strictly optional, but appreciated: Free Software development, web engines and browser development, the GNOME development platform, graphics programming (Cairo, OpenGL), Wayland, or GStreamer.
Igalia is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applicants irrespective of age, disability, gender, race, marital status, religion or sexual orientation. Applications from members of groups which are underrepresented in Free Software are warmly encouraged.
The internship consists of joining our web browsers team and working directly with our hackers on code to contribute upstream to WebKit. The project will be in one of several possible areas, selected depending on the candidate's background and interests. They are:
- WebKitGTK+ API
- Touch support improvements
- Security and sandboxing
- W3C standards compliance
- HTML5 multimedia and WebAudio support
Duration and Compensation
- The work can be done any time between August and December 2015. The dates and schedule are flexible.
- The intern can work remotely or on-site in one of our premises in Spain.
- Depending on the candidate's background and experience, two types of contracts are available:
- Standard internship: 350 working hours and 2100€ (total compensation)
- Collaboration student: 400 working hours and 4000€ (total compensation)
- Deadline: July 31st, 2015