Igalia is looking to hire a Systems Administrator, with knowledge of GNU/Linux operating systems, Free Software in general and the most common organizational tools and services, to join our systems team. The position will be located at the Igalia headquarters which is in Galicia (Spain). Igalia is an equal opportunity employer. We especially welcome candidates from under-represented groups.
Job position description
Igalia is highly dynamic company where every employee has the chance to develop new skills over time. The main tasks for this position are:
- Maintain Igalia networks and services. Deploy new ones if needed.
- Design and lead the evolution of the Igalia systems and network architecture over time.
- Support engineering teams by defining service requirements and by performing systems and hardware related tasks.
- Monitor and improve systems security and network infrastructure.
- Write and provide documentation for production and development systems.
- Participate in external or internal projects in collaboration with other developers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Reside in or be willing to move to A Coruña (Spain) or its surrounding areas.
- Be familiar with using and administering GNU/Linux.
- Knowledge of *Free and Open-source+ technologies and their dynamics is required.
In additional to the requirements listed above an ideal candidate may have knowledge of some of the following:
- Infrastructure services such as LDAP, DNS, DHCP, TFTP, SMTP, IMAP, HTTP, etc.
- Storage systems in Linux based on logical volume solutions such as mdadm, LVM or dm-crypt.
- Networking: IP networking, routing, QoS, firewalls (IPTables) and VPN (OpenVPN).
- Scripting, preferably Python and shell.
- SQL (preferably PostgreSQL or MySQL).
- PXE and other image server and deployment tools.
- Yocto, build root and other additional distribution building systems.
- Containerization, virtualization and orchestration solutions, such as: LXC, KVM, QEMU, Kubernetes, etc.
- VoIP services (Asterisk).
- How to adapt, improve and customize embedded systems.
- Hardware specs and current products in the market and their characteristics.
- Code review practices in software development, including the use of DVCS (git).
- Continuous integration (CI) systems like Buildbot or Jenkins.
- Web development.
We also value candidates that have a portfolio of contributions to free software projects or their development infrastructure.
Finally, if you have additional talents you think would be of value in this position please tell us about them.
If you are interesting about this offer, please fill in the form. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.